Sunday, July 7, 2013

06:39 Still up and not-running...

This post is my final explanation, concerning the publication issues with Consume Me (A Burning Desire Novel); please indulge me.
As many of you already know, I encountered some tiring and stressful events in the past dew days.
(If you aren't aware and you happen to be a new comer, angry at the poor version that was published: Please accept my apology and bare with me by turning your attention to my old posts.)

It was only, six hours ago, that my editor and I discovered that, her replacement had initially published an old edition of the book; barely proof-read. Yes, he says that, since he had to save it repeatedly, at the end: "He might have gotten mixed-up about which one was the final version.".

I apologize, I'm so deeply affected by the 5000 purchases who had to go through that messed-up spelling, grammar, and style. I hope you get to read the last edition, before you go and write your review about the misspelling and horrible grammar. I've added an extra day on the free-kindle store, for you to get the newer version.

I assure you, that never, not once, in my whole life, had I ever been this clumsy or careless about something I cared so much about. I hate it when I purchase a book with misspelling, or bad sentence styling, I would understand and indulge one or one hundred in a 100.000 words novel, and I usually focus on the plot, so I know where you're coming from, but not as much as there probably was on that first edition.

My first editor, who's been back from a trip in south-Africa, recovered the proofread version, and we've been proofreading it for approximately six hours. I won't promise it will be typos-free, as I'm really not perfect, nor do I claim to be. We divided the book in two half, and each one us corrected her part. I might have missed something she wouldn't have, and she may have missed something I wouldn't. Either way, I can guaranty a better grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation. The plot remains the same though...
I hope you still like it.

Alicia; I am forever in your debt. You are the best, for staying up until now, for indulging my tears and freaked-out squeaks, with patience and pure grace. Just please, get your rest, take Millie to her friend's birthday party and get right onto the first chapter of the second book.
We are doing this, we're not leaving anything to chance. I love you so very much, I wouldn't find the words to describe it - maybe Clea has my issues -.

Finally, to all of you readers, bloggers, reviewers, and friends. I'm so very sorry. I hope you understand, and that you won't judge my second book because of this incident.
The last edition, will be up in six to eight hours. Please read the Notice on Amazon and spread the word to all the people who purchased the old edition.

I love you all...

1 comment:

  1. Your book was awesome. As I said on my Goodreads review it has its flaws. But I am looking forward for the next book and your other works. Whatever others might say,the book was worth my time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete