Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bliss....

I was supposed to write this post two days ago, but I didn't.
My family came to visit, and I got caught up with them, in addition to the second book's progress.

It's been a surprisingly blissful week. I had my share of messages, reviews, and more readers.
Therefore, I'm writing this post to try and share some insights about the way Ignite Me (A Burning Desire Novel #2) is coming along; which is smoothly, and safely.
Also, and despite my best friends effort to convince me otherwise, I think I need to argue some points with everyone who's curious enough about the books, or the author, to come on this page and read my posts.
First things first, I'll start with Ignite Me:

When I started putting together the story of Landon and  Clea, I wasn't sure I wanted to make it a series.
I had a story about a girl, who's been broken, but never really knew the reason she was. Clea's psychological trauma couldn't be developed in one book, and the fact that she was only saved by Jude, and  then meeting Landon, made it further clear for me that I needed to write a series.
As the author, I have my own perspective about the direction the series is going to take. Nevertheless, I don't want to disappoint any reader who loved the story,and I'm going to try and satisfy every individual who read and loved Consume Me, in spite of all the problems it faced the first three days of its publication.

I have an important information for everyone who's following the series.
I, the author, am a Non-Native English speaker, and that alone, turned out to be a bigger challenge in the writing process. When you live in a country, where people praise your pronunciation all the time, and your knowledge of English literature, you get much more confident than you're supposed to be, if not cocky.
I have no doubt that if I'd written this book in French, I might have excelled.
When I first came to the United States, I thought I had my English figured out. I had plenty of friends and family, who understood me perfectly, and I had a rich vocabulary with all the reading, music and movies I'd been through. Even my professors in college praised it, and helped me improve it.
I chose to write in English, because I love it, and I thought that with a good styling and vocabulary, it would at least be an average first try, that would evolve with each book; and hopefully it will.
My only wish is that you support my choice, continue to give me your feedback, and don't stop reading my books, even if you get them for free.
Money wasn't the purpose, and it will never be, I just aim to share my stories with people who would grow to love and appreciate them, as I did with other stories.

That being said, Ignite me is coming along well. I'm obsessed with the editing process, and got every possible proofreading software, in addition to Alicia, my dear friend, and editor. I finished the sixth, and seventh chapters only an hour ago, and proofread it with several software programs, before sending it to Alicia.
The editing debacle with Consume Me had me floored and really angry; first at Clay (My second Editor), and then at myself for allowing it to happen.
I still hope that the two thousand readers who purchased it, read my posts and changed to the second edition.

If Ignite Me (A Burning Desire Novel #2), continues to flow at this rate, I might be able to publish it around August 9th, but only if I get satisfied ARC's from readers who would like to list themselves as first readers when the time comes.
Now, concerning the second, or maybe third order of this post:
I was very sad, to get some messages accusing me of plagiarism.
I have no idea why people would accuse me of such a thing, but they did; some compared consume me to Fifty shades, some to The Crossfire series, and a whole lot of other books I'm not afraid to admit that I've read, and loved. (Verify my list on Goodreads)
In some aspects, all the books that were listed, resembled each other, and maybe Consume Me, is no different. I'd stated in my author page on Goodreads, and Facebook, long before the publication, that the story of Clea and Landon, would probably seem common for some people, and unique for others.
Thus why, I need to point to some important Facts:
I have read the Fifty Shades trilogy, and I won't tell the story to how I came to read it, but I did, and I appreciated it as the unconventional love story that it was.
I have read The crossfire series, and every other book authored by Sylvia Day, and loved everything about them.
In fact, I've read many , many books, however, I don't believe that I've written something that resembles any of the above, let alone plagiarize them.
Yes, there are some Romantic commonality, that is how it always was, and always will be, whether in fictive love stories, or real ones.
But please, I'll ask you to continue to read the stories before judging it completely. I believe that with time, and patience from readers, you'll all understand, that this story has uniqueness, and it will be proven throughout the two upcoming books.
I've been on a long literary pilgrimage, while I was writing Consume Me. Moreover, I've written the first encounter of Landon and Clea, on the very marches of Notre Dame they'd met at.
I'm planning to take you to several places throughout the series. I have a group of friends that is similar to the ones you found, and they inspired me to write the stories. That might kill the ideology behind the read for you, but it is true.

I really hope I didn't disappoint you, and that you'll indulge me with your patience, and, dare I say, your support.
There are countless authors and writers out there, I don't expect you to always love my books, but I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and relishing every encouraging message or review, that boosts my determination to offer you a better form, edition, and story.

I'll end this post with my new tradition, and thank everyone who read the book and found the time to send me a message on Facebook, Goodreads, and Amazon, some of them are just aliases, but if they read this, they'll certainly recognize themselves:

CPS (Amazon), Thank you for your kind words, and encouragement, but mostly for showing excitement about the story.
S. Tibben (Amazon), Thank you for your feedback, and for enjoying the story, despite the bad editing, I hope you got to read the last edition, and maybe enjoy it more.
Redheaded reader: Thank you for your feedback, it fueled my determination to present an impeccable work from now on.
Gisela (Amazon): Thank you for showing such an endearing excitement about the first and second book. You have my eternal gratitude.
Kristi (Amazon): I also thank you for showing your love for Landon, he is a great, unique man, and I'm sure you're going to love him more in the second and third book. Your excitement is heart-warming.
Terry A. Wells (Amazon): I wish I had any other words to describe what I'm feeling, but again, thank you for your advocacy, and kind words.
M. Kerner (Amazon): Thank you for your feedback, I hope you'll like the pace of the second book, especially since, I'm considering your wish. :)
Paloma (Amazon): I'm sorry that you thought what you thought, and hope to meet any expectations you might have for the second book. I still believe it's not the same, and yes I've read and loved 'Jody Ellen Malpas' (July 1st post) and know what you're referring to. I hope you choose to read the rest, and witness the uniqueness of the books, and what it's really about, it was a one time encounter and had nothing to do with the heart of the story.

Finally all of you who joined me on Facebook and Reviewed or rated on Goodreads.
Goodreads readers: I could only read the reviews made by Emily Harris, Pippa Sheridan, Paula Conway and Dawn Hearn, I would like to also thank all of you, for your time, kind words, and support, I don't seem to find the words (and I claim to be a writer!), but you put a smile on my reeling heart. (Figuratively speaking).

All the Facebook Ladies, who are following the Author page and showing eagerness, and waiting for updates.


Edia YJunito - Joy Rapp - Susie Burns - Megan Burke Myers - Gillian Hollins - Shelley Newham Shreeves Hayley Daff - Jessica Lyn Hicks - Elena N Jose Geada - Ashley Weed - Kelly Houlihan - Rhonda Beard - Pauline Binns Wylie - Dana Cosgrove - Paloma Viveiros - Pamela George.

I hope I covered it all, and if not, I'm sorry, and promise to verify, and capitulate on my next post.
I am humbled, and beholden, by your show of kindness and support.

Sincerely,
R. F. Allie.





No comments:

Post a Comment