Saturday, July 6, 2013

Cheers! I'll drink to that...

My best friend, who also happens to be a great publicist - not mine though - thinks that I'm too literate and friendly, and that apparently stands as a bad image to literature readers.
I don't agree, and hope that every person who reads my posts, get even more excited about reading my books, as I try to be as transparent as I could possibly be, through my laptop screen and keyboard.
Anyhow...

I'm trying really hard not to sound like a hysterical person and be reasonable...
But it's getting harder, by the minute.
In truth, I've been obsessed with the book. The first one that is.
I've been re-reading it and stumbled upon some editing errors. It was a new whole level of psychotic for me; but you have to understand that it was only because it was done in a record time, after I'd lost the first proofread version and couldn't find the first editor, since she'd went to spend her summer holiday out of the country.
Gladly, she's been back for two days, and re-correcting the last three chapters that I'd changed. I apologize to all those of you who purchased the version with several typos, and I really don't mind if you just go ahead and ask for a refund.
I grew anxious about the publication date, and the fact that I didn't manage to keep my promise to many readers to get it out by June 20th, so I just got careless, stressed and really tired. 
A mistake, that I assure to all of you, would never happen again.
With that being said. I'd like to inform you that the book is having its first promotion today and tomorrow. So feel free to head to your Amazon Accounts, search for it and add it to your kindle.
The link is already listed on my previous post.
But here you go.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DQ37EKW










To get back to the title of my post, and tell you what I'm cheerful about and planning to drink to in celebration. What I'm thankful, excited, and happy about are basically three things:

Number #1: MY FIRST REVIEW EVER! From the gal who made the sun shine brighter and the stars twinkle endlessly in the back of my head. Lilian Sand, I'm forever in your gratitude. We're always anxiously waiting for one review, the first one ever, from a reader and not a blog. And you gave me the one thing I was anticipating. But you gave it to me in the most surprising, astounding, just drop-down-and-faint, way ever. So Thank You my Lady, and I'm praying for your little brother, with all my heart.

Number #2: What is better than your first review ever?...
....
....

Your Second Review Ever, Of Course!
The second one, I really wasn't expecting. I thought that, giving the unique circumstances that had led to my first review, there was no way I was getting a second review. Not before, the first promotion or maybe even the third. I was very surprised, especially since I was freaking out about the typos and calling my editor in the middle of her jungle adventure

Thank you Miss L. I'm glad you loved it. I, on the other hand, fell head over heels, for your Gifs selection, and that, no matter how much Clea seemed to frustrate you, you seem to have developed some kind of bond. Also, Gabriel Macht is an excellent choice, as he's also mentioned - or rather his Harvey Spector alias-  Really impeccable taste... Just like mine. 'WINK WINK'

The third news I'm drinking to, well, it's pretty simple really: I started the second installment. Yes, it's official Ladies, Clea, Landon, Jude, Jenna, Ryan and all the others will be back in your life, very soon.
I've decided to change my working routine. I don't expect people and readers to wait a whole year, before getting the rest of their stories. But come on, that wasn't a cliffhanger, now? was it?
If you knew me personally, you'd know that I have a much expanded imagination, and I could have been cruel. However, I think that in my first book , I acted more as a reader, than an author.
Which means: If a passage made me laugh or chuckle, I'd keep it, because I'm a reader.
If a passage made me feel no anticipation, I'd rewrite it, no question asked. And that is probably the reason behind many typos, even after the edit.
But this book...
I just finished the first chapter, half the second and already sent them to get checked for typos and styles.
I'm planning to act as more of a writer; because in truth, as a reader, and a viewer, I know that anticipation is the key-emotion that keeps me eager to learn what would be coming next.

Anyway, if you think that you figured anything out. Please, go ahead and give it another try, because I'm growing eager, excited, and relentless about what I want for the next book.

I promise the first snippet once my blog hits 1500 views. I'm really not far, but you'll never know, so you can either keep coming back to check on me, and, probably get an avant-gout of what's coming, or you can just wait for the second installment to be published.

R.F. Allie: Out!
Have a Great Weekend...




No comments:

Post a Comment