Friday, June 14, 2013

Excited...

Hello Fellow Readers, Visitors, and whomever is receiving this greeting;

I'm writing this post because, something incredible happened to me today:
I woke up a little late, as I'd spent the previous night working on my choice for the book cover. I had a wonderful shoot with the model and a very talented photograph. I'm planning on consecrating a post to his work, as he happens to be one of the few ones I know to care about the content and never ever use a software to polish a picture other than adding some visual effects to adapt it to a specific conceptual scenery.
Anyway, I went through almost four hundred photos working my way to find the beautiful and perfect cover, then, I scrambled through the book a few more times and decided to check my Facebook.
While scrambling through some of my friends' posts, I went to check on my author dashboard. I found eight views on my first post, some more people added the upcoming book on their shelves and it made me smile, hopeful that I might reach enough people who would like to read the story of Amelia Dane and Landon Davis, to share it and cherish it, as I did with so many fictional characters and still do.
( Remind me to tell you what Sylvia Day made me feel with Entwined with you, just a few days ago when I couldn't let go of the boo, until I'd finished it.)
So I was already happy and satisfied with the overall of community that had shared or read my post. But when I got onto my Blogger dashboard and found one hundred and sixty eight views...
I happen to be a very reasonable person and really not greedy, but I just went ecstatic in my living room. 
It may seem like an insignificant number for some people; compared to the millions of Goodreads members, but for me, it meant the world. 
I took a leap of faith when I'd decided to go on and put some old fictional journal into a story. I just happen to be one of you, I read a lot of books, from almost any genre. I watch lots of movies, series in my free time. I work, attend grad school and miraculously, manage to maintain a relationship with a wonderful man.
Publishing "Consume Me", was primarily encouraged by my best friend; he was the first one I'd authorized to read my writings, and always thought that he was being subjective because I was his best friend.
Until one day, I'd written something awful; I was depressed and maybe a little woozy, and it was really, really, really bad. He'd mocked it and criticized it,in form and in content. 
It was hurtful, excruciatingly so. 
"Consume Me" will probably and certainly expose me to negative reviews, as does every book, and as long as they are constructive, I'll manage. Otherwise, I'll just be a big girl and cry myself to sleep in front of a Dexter rerun, remembering it was going to be the last season; and then maybe cry some more over it.           
Even though this post has gone a little out of contest, I'm glad I wrote it, even as a way of putting some scattered thoughts around. It was meant to tell some of you how exciting it felt to have some views, that could announce a platform of friends, readers and followers.
Thanks to all those of you who are revisiting, to those who are first visitors,and to those who added the book to their to-read shelves. I am extremely grateful, you made my day brighter than the sun and for that I have two surprises for whomever is interested.

The first one, is my first teaser of "Consume Me", an excerpt from Chapter four, between my two favorite characters; hopefully, soon-to-be-yours.
The second one, is what you would define as an avant-gout, for the book cover with a beautiful model.

I sincerely hope, with all my heart that this will pleasure you, and maybe make you curious about the rest of the book, along with the series.

Blissfully yours,
R. F. Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment