Thursday, September 5, 2013

Let's get things started!

Do any of you ladies know these Lyrics?

Was it you who spoke the words that,
things would happen but not to me.
Oh things are gonna happen naturally
Oh taking your advice, I'm looking on the bright side 
And balancing the whole thing 
But often times those words get tangled up in lines 
And the bright lights turn to night 
Until the dawn it brings 
Another day to sing about the magic that was Landon and Clea.

I'm over the tangled up words, and I am ready for the next step. 
Tonight, I'm writing to the five persons I single handedly, and randomly picked out to work on Ignite Me with me.
I apologize in advance to all those of you who wrote to me, asking to be part of this, and weren't contacted. Worry not, you have a spot for the ARC!

I've been re-writing Ignite Me; I believe that the forty-four days left for publication, are more than enough for me and my collaborators, to finish the work and make it worth you a while. 
I have an idea how this would work and here I am, sharing it with you :)

1/ I'm sending the first seven chapters of Ignite Me to five of the people who seemed eager to participate. They will read the seven chapters, and promise not to share it or upload it. 

2/After that, they will bring their editing remarks, whatever they don't see fit, or a mistake that Me, my editor, or the three software I use might have missed, and send them to me. 

3/Each one of them separately, or together, can suggest either a rewrite, a scene addition, or make any suggestion, and that, will be added to the book, along with their contribution. 

4/ If everything goes well, I'll send the rest of the book to them, and see what they might suggest.

5/ I'll post fifteen Advanced Reader Copies by October 4th, 2013, making a point of sharing my part, and theirs, with the readers.


In my opinion, I think readers, are the best writers you could find. It's resembles watching so many TV Shows, and at some point, you have no problem figuring out who the criminal is  during an episode of The Mentalist, or Law and Order. They know what to expect, which is why, I am excited about this experience, as I'm sure, they will surprise me with their ideas.

Awesome news, I reached my 100 likes milestone. I have been read by much more than that, but the fact that a hundred person among you, beautiful ladies, took the time to share your love for Consume Me, your eagerness to read Ignite Me, and also, to encourage me along the way, represents one of my proudest moments. 

I'm all about love, and sharing, which is why I chose to write Romance, when I could write about the political situation surrounding me, or the reality of the society I grew up in. I have faith in the power of love, and I'd rather be writing about it, and sharing some happy memories with you.

That being said, it's time for a transparency report. Things have been slowing down lately, although I am thankful for the hundred sales I reached last month, I'm sure things will move faster after Ignite Me, and the last book of the series (still untitled, but filled with hope.) 
Reviews have also been slow, even though, some people took the time to edit their reviews after I sent them the last edition of Consume Me, and to whom I am indefinitely grateful.

I still have some people to thank, so I'll go ahead and do just that:

Wessal Kadri (Goodreads): Thank you for your feedback, and for loving Landon. This makes me happy, and grateful. Endlessly.

Ruthvika Reddy (Goodreads): Thank you for a great review, I loved the quotes, and how fond you are of Landon Freakin' Davis. I'm sorry the ending wasn't at your liking, don't hesitate to pitch in any ideas if you're up for it :)

Jennifer (Goodreads): Oh Jennifer, you took the time to write me an e-mail, and responding with an open-mind, and an amazing show of kindness. Thank you for that, and for editing your review, and for your feedback.

Sharon Saunders (Goodreads): I'm sorry you felt that the book had no uniqueness, and I'm sorry I'm losing a reader. I hope you change your mind, and give it a try. Thank you for your feedback.

DR Pollard (Amazon): Thank you for a beautiful, touching review. I couldn't stop smiling. I hope Ignite Me will keep you as enticed as you were with Consume Me.

Brenda (Amazon); Thank you for your review and for loving the book. I love that some readers share my taste in music, and trust me, that mistake will be corrected shortly, I'm well aware that the group is Live, it must have been an error on the editor' side (Trust me, I'm not shifting blame, I just know my music.)

Amy Kilgore (Amazon): I can live with cute, I love cute reads :) Just keep reading, and I hope you manage to see the differences in the similarities. We all seek an Epic Love! Thank you for your review.

SeeMe (Amazon): I'm endlessly grateful for the review and the three stars. I hope you like Ignite Me better, whether you pay for it, or not. :) Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated.

I have to add a special Thank You to Dana Cosgrove, who marked the 100 Facebook likes milestone. Those two babies are just the cutest thing on earth! God bless them, and all your family. 

Thank you to all the people who liked my page, and read my posts, I wish I had anything more than gratitude to express, love, humbleness, respect and joy aren't enough anymore. 


Special Announcement: If any of you, readers have an Author in your circle who wants to add an excerpt of their upcoming book, along with an introduction, I'd be happy to do it. So spread the word, as I said, all about sharing. 

All my love, 
Sincerely,

R. F. Allie.

N.B: Broken Facebook Link updated (20 more likes and you'll get a new excerpt)

Lyrics: You and I -  Jason M'raz 

1 comment:

  1. Hey allie
    i hope you are doing good
    and can u please tell us when the last book Burn in Me (Burning Desire #3) is gonna be released
    eagerly waiting for this....
    can we have an update on this?

    ReplyDelete